BRUSH MANAGEMENT PROGRAM GUIDELINES
1. Cost-share is limited to $5,000.00 per landowner per year.
2. Cost-share will be fifty percent (50%) of the bills submitted for payment by Carlsbad Soil and Water Conservation (SWCD). Bills are to include chemical costs, equipment rental, labor costs, or application costs by licensed applicators, fuel costs, etc.
3. The Natural Resource Conservation Service standards and specifications for brush management and prescribed fire will be followed when applying practices.
4. Herbicide application rates will follow the recommendations on the manufacturer’s label. The total amount of herbicide will not exceed allowable rates.
5. Cooperator (landowner) will sign a waiver releasing Carlsbad SWCD from any liability connected with his/her application of brush management practices.
6. Cost-share will not be allowed on a practice being cost-shared by another agency, group or individual.
7. Pictures of proposed project site must be submitted with Brush Management Program application.
Applications are evaluated at monthly board meetings held on the second Monday each month.